Wednesday 21 January 2015

STWW: 5 Small Things

If you're reading this post, that means you own a computer, iPad, phone or some sort of electronic device. And, for this, you should consider yourself incredibly lucky. Things we take for granted around us, whether it be our homes, our clothes, our families or our health, are things others may be praying for. It's so easy for us to become unaware for all our blessings as they have become 'normal' to us and we feel entitled to them.

This STWW is a little tip for being grateful, happy and aware of all you have. My mom taught me this when I had a bad case of the winter blues: I was constantly unhappy in the winter months and so she told me that I should keep a notebook by my bedside and, every night, I must write down five things I am thankful for. They can be small things like waking up for work on time, having a delicious dinner, and seeing a friend, but it's the small things that we must be grateful for. 

So let's take a look at our lives each day and think what we should be thankful for. I'll start. Today I am grateful for:
  1. My health
  2. The warm bowl of oatmeal I had for breakfast
  3. Having a job that may not always be fun but pays the bills
  4. My mom's date cake
  5. Having a gym membership for all that date cake I ate.
What are you grateful for? What are your 5 Small Things?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...