Monday 26 January 2015

Review: Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

The one thing I hate about nail polish is the fact that I'm constantly chipping it and having to reapply. This is a full time job in itself and is one of the reasons I wear nail polish once a month or so. Cue Sally Hansen Miracle Gel ($9.97), the no-light gel polish that I've fallen in love with. It's a two-step process where you apply the colour first and follow with a clear coat of the same brand for shiny, long-lasting nails.

If you've read my other post on the Insta-Dri polish (here), you'll know that I'm a fan of the Sally Hansen polishes. This is by far my favourite formula, hitting the nail(s) on the head(s) of every one of my nail criteria (colour, formula/application, and longevity). The colour is a gorgeous, pale pink that is neutral and definitely goes with most (if not all) skin tones! It's my favourite year-round shade and my go to for weddings/formal events.



It has the same wide, flat brush as the Insta-Dri polishes which I love so dearly. The brush makes for even and fast application, even when using my left hand. As the colour is light, I find that I have to do 2 or 3 coats to really get the colour to show through which I know may annoy some of you but I'm fine with it.

The longevity is an absolute dream. I'm prone to chipping but 2 to 3 coats of this colour followed by 1 application of the topcoat leaves my nails chip-free for a week at least. I will definitely be buying more shades of this polish and encourage you all to try it out!


Have you tried this formula or any other 'no light gel' polishes before? Did you like it?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...