Wednesday 29 April 2015

STWW: Crispy Chocolate Bites

It's not often I share recipes on the blog, mainly because I can't write instructions to save my life. However, these healthy chocolate bites are so good, I just had to share. Inspired by a lovely Cadbury product that I can't seem to find anywhere, I took the liberty of "recreating" it, making it healthier for the sake of my health and guilty conscience. So here is my recipe for what I call, Crispy Chocolate Bites.
The best part of the recipe is all that's required for the "base" is chocolate, cornflakes and raisins. Anything else you can add for health and taste. I made mine healthy by using dark chocolate and adding dried blueberries and cranberries, pumpkin seeds and pistachios to the cornflakes and raisins. I would also recommend coconut flakes if you have some lying around (and by that I mean hygienically stored in a container of sorts).

Unfortunately I measure using the "that looks about right" method so I can't share any specific measurements for you but any combination of ingredients should be fine as long as you have enough chocolate to coat it all
First off, melt some chocolate in a double boiler - I boiled some water in a small saucepan, lowered the heat so it was simmering and put a glass bowl of chocolate on top of the open pan as a makeshift double boiler. Once the chocolate has melted and is smooth, add your cornflakes, raisins, nuts, seeds and, really, whatever you want. Ideally, there should be more cornflakes than anything to put the "Crispy" in the "Crispy Chocolate Bites". Then gently fold the mixture through to coat everything in chocolate. All that's left is to spoon bite-size pieces out and leave them on tray with parchment paper (or a any nonstick sheet, I got mine from Ikea) and pop that into the fridge. They should cool within ten minutes, at which point you can store them in an airtight tin for a week or two. (Disclaimer: dark chocolate doesn't melt at room temperature so I was able to store them in a cupboard. There's a great chance this will happen if you use milk chocolate so store it in the fridge if you do so).
That's it. Super easy, super tasty and, depending on your ingredients, super healthy! I used a lot of chocolate so it became a healthy dessert rather than a snack but feel free to customize it your own way!

Have you tried the Cadbury cornflake concoction? If so, please leave the name below, it's been bugging me for weeks! Let me know if you try out this recipe, comment below or tweet me @SundayWardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...