Friday 1 May 2015

SWHF, Part 3: The Challenge

Jacket: Urban Planet / Tank top: Urban Planet / Pants: Laura Outlet / Shoes: Guess
If you've been following my She Who Hunts Finds series, you'll know that I was given a $200 gift card and challenged to shop at Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga and see how much I could save while buying a spring outfit. While I pride myself in being careful with my money and quite the deal finder, saving turned out to be harder than I expected! While there were many outlet stores with sales, a lot of the clothes were already so reasonably priced at full price. My silky tank top was only $12.50 and it wasn't even on sale!
As I mentioned last time, Dixie Outlet Mall has many stores that aren't limited to shoes and clothing - my mom was pleased to see a Michael's there and shopped for ribbons as I hunted around for deals. I spent three days in Dixie Mall as I had a hard time deciding on just a few pieces for spring. I was most excited to shop at Guess as this was an outlet store and things had been discounted quite a bit. I checked out stores such as Aldo, Winners, Sirens, Designer Depot, Dynamite and Nine West (and many more) before settling on Guess, Urban Planet and Laura. A lot of the stores were outlet stores and I could've easily bought an entire spring outfit for under $50 but the challenge was to see how much I could save and I desperately wanted to stick to it!
At savings of $98.70, I saved almost as much as I spent on the outfit. I was glad to find these great pants on sale since their quality was as high as their original price but I paid a lot, lot less for it!
I would recommend this mall to any bargain hunter if they're in the area (and if you stay tuned to next week, I'll be giving away a little incentive to visit!). I preferred shopping on a weekday as it was a lot less crowded but I will definitely be visiting again! 

What do you think of my outfit? Are you excited for next week's giveaway (I know I am!)? Comment below or tweet me @SundayWardrobe!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...