Tuesday 20 October 2015

Swatch + Review: Fall Lips

Swatch and Review of Lipsticks beauty Kat Von D Buxom Rimmel and Covergirl
If you know anything about me, you'll know how much I whine about finding it hard to get good lipsticks and nudes for Women of Colour. While this isn't a list of just nude lipsticks, these are some colours I've been loving for fall - nude and berry.

Let's start with my current favourite: Kat Von D Studded Lipstick in Lolita. I raved about this just last week - a matte dusty rose with a great formula. It's creamy and non-drying, lasts really well and is such a beautiful pink for darker skin tones.

Next is my favourite dark nude from Buxom, the True Nude Lip Foundation in Revealed. It was in my nude lipsticks lists and I still love it. Creamy formula, beautiful colour and lasts for a good while without smudging, drying your lips or rubbing off. It's a brown colour with a slightly pink undertone and I love wearing it on it's own.

Rimmel's Kate Moss 107 is a cult favourite - a reddish berry that's appropriate for any occasion. It has great pigmentation, a creamy formula and is super affordable. It's been a favourite of mine for years especially for this time of the year.

Lastly it's my favourite purple colour for the season by Covergirl in the shade Euphoria. It's slightly shiny compared to the other lipsticks I've mentioned but I don't mind it so much. The formula isn't as great as the others; it rubs off a little easier and can smudge so I do pair it with a lip liner. It's not drying (so important for this time of the year!) and I love the dark purple colour.

What are your favourite lipsticks and colours for this season? Comment below or tweet me @SundayWardrobe!

Swatches and Reviews of Kat Von D, Buxom, Rimmel London and Covergirl lipsticks
From L to R: Kat Von D - Lolita / Buxom - Revealed / Rimmel London - 107 / Covergirl - Euphoria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...