Sunday 1 November 2015

Review: Irresistible Me Hair Extensions

Have you ever had a box of hair delivered to your house? I can no longer say I haven't.

A few months ago, I was contacted by Irresistible Me to try out some of their hair extensions*. I ordered the Royal Remy hair, which is their deluxe line, in the shade Royal Natural Black (1b). I had balayage done on my hair more than a year ago but despite the brown hair growing out, the extensions were a perfect match as my natural hair colour is black. I ordered 200g with the length of 20" - this came with several "pieces" of hair: one piece with 4 clips, 2 pieces with 3 clips, five pieces with 2 clips and two pieces of 1 clips.

Delivery was very quick and painless for me; they delivered within a week or so and there was no fuss. Just FYI, they offer free shipping over orders of $150. The extensions came within a plastic pack in a black cardboard box. What I loved about this was that the plastic pack was separated into 2 compartments - the left side had all the hair while the right side had just a sample. The deal is you open up the sample side and test it out. If it's to your liking, go ahead and open the left side. If not, you can return or exchange it (as long as the left side remained unopened). Ba da bing, ba da boom.

I'm going to be completely honest: the hair is really nice. It's 100% human Remy hair and it's super silky. It's a hell of a lot silkier than my hair which was both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because who doesn't want to have nice hair?! But a curse because, when my hair is completely straightened, it's obvious that the silky hair extensions aren't a part of my dry, damaged hair. However, I found that curling my hair added some shine so the difference between my hair and the extensions was relatively unnoticeable. The hair holds curls well (with hairspray) and I'd recommend using a heat protectant - hair extensions, unlike our hair, don't get nutrients from any sources. Protecting them from heat is the best way to prevent damage.

Review: Hair extensions, Irresistible Me

There are so many clips that come with the 20" 200g hair pack and I don't (and can't) use all of them. There isn't enough space on my head for the 10 pieces that come in the pack. I find that the 4 clip piece and two of the 2 clip pieces are perfect for the length and volume I want. If my hair was thinner, I'd definitely be reaching for more clips.

While I love the hair extensions, one complaint is that they do start to feel heavy on your head after a little while. It could be that I'm not used to it or that, when I wore them, it was for a wedding so there was a lot of dancing. To their credit, I'm definitely a hair swisher when I dance and these bad boys stayed put.

I'll definitely be recommending Irresistible Me. The hair extensions were really great quality and the fact that there are so many pieces makes forking over that cash worth it!

Have you tried hair extensions before? What is your favourite brand? If not, would you try them out? Comment below or tweet me @SundayWardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...