Friday 7 November 2014

Autumn/Winter Lip Essentials



Being a full-lipped girl has its advantages and its drawbacks. While most lipsticks suit my lips, one shade too bright can easily have me looking a bit drag. Also a disadvantage of full lips: having bread crumbs stuck to it after eating a sandwich. Ugh.

As soon as the weather gets cooler, my lips are the first to show signs of dryness. Here are the products I use to keep these bad boys looking at its best.

My first step is brushing my lips: after I take off my make up, I brush my lips with a soft toothbrush to really take my lipstick off as well as any gross skin. I do step almost every day in fall and winter.

Once a week I use a sugar scrub: I'm not picky when it comes to this - I generally use whatever body scrub I've been using, my favourite being the Shea Moisture Argan Oil & Raw Shea Hand & Body Scrub. I prefer smaller grains to scrub my lips. I just put this on wet lips, scrub with my finger and wash it off.

My last and favourite step is using lip balm: after months of riding the EOS bandwagon, I realize that nothing hydrates my lips as much as Burt's Bees. I love the scent of the Refreshing Lip Balm with Pink Grapefruit and use it at least twice a day.

PSA: DON'T lick your lips! This just makes everything worse - though it provides temporary relief for dry lips, all it does is dry out your lips in the end. Just don't it, okay, promise? (Anyone get that reference?)

What are your favourite autumn/winter lip products? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...