Friday 5 June 2015

5 Years of Q&A

I really want to do a "What's on my nightstand"/"My night time ritual" type post but I'm currently in between nightstands. What that means is that my mom took my nightstand because she decided it went well with our redecorated living room and so now I use a chair as a nightstand.

So in the meantime, I thought I'd do a post on a night time ritual I've been doing for a few months and have really been enjoying - it's writing in my Q&A a Day journal. I have seen this journal in bookstores for years and didn't quite understand the point of it but then my friend posted a picture of her writing in the second year of this very journal on Instagram and I wanted it so badly. The previous year she'd answered one of her questions on where she'd like to travel and the question came up again and, turns out, she had travelled to those destinations within the year. It was cool seeing her change over the year and so I wanted to do that as well, hence the journal.
This journal is really interesting; there's a question each day and you have space to answer the same question on the same day over five years. It's a way of seeing how you and your answers change over time and a great way to reflect on memories of the previous years. I do it every night before bed and it's become a very cherished few minutes. I love reflecting over my day and my thoughts and surprising myself. I try to answer as quickly as I can at first because I feel like my first thought is the most honest and then write my answer down when I reflect on it. It's a calming process and I love that it's a few minutes of me-time after a usually hectic day.

Do you have a journal like this? What is your reflecting ritual? Comment below or tweet me @SundayWardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...