Tuesday 17 November 2015

Current Game Face

Makeup Review: Kat Von D, Colourpop, Rimmel, Inglot and NARS
There are some days where I just spend a good hour on my makeup: I take my time blending eyeshadows, placing blush/bronzer/highlighter strategically on my face and carefully lining my lips. Then there are other days I don't wear make up at all and just run outside the house. Hooray for ignorance/confidence/poor time management!

While my full make up routine is extensive, this is my quick game face. It looks like a lot of products for a "quick" routine but trust me, I can have this done in less than ten minutes, maybe even five!

For my base I use my new favourite Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation (Medium 57): it's full coverage and perfectly matches my tan, neutral-undertoned skin. There's no faff with this product, I use a dense brush to buff it all in and I'm good to go!

Disclaimer: I don't use under-eye concealer. I don't think I'm quite there yet so I find this foundation adequately covers any uneven colour which does shave off a little bit of time off my routine.

Next, I swipe some NARS Blush in Oasis on my cheeks - it's a darker blush that I would say is a mix of brown, purple and pink with a little shimmer. It's definitely not a "natural flush" colour but I do like a bold blush so it's my go-to. Also, NARS blushes last ages. They would wear longer than my previous foundations - my skin would look a mess while my cheeks looked pristine! I then add my ColourPop highlighter in Wisp: this cream/mousse product is a gorgeous champagne gold and adds a subtle shimmer. It's perfect for my tan skin and doesn't look overwhelming during the daytime.

Moving onto eyes, I add some of this Inglot Bronze shadow in the inner corners for a little brightness. Using my current favourite Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper, I line my eyes - I prefer a thicker feline flick even for day-to-day operation and this liner is just so darn great. It's incredibly dark and the brush tip makes it easy to draw the skinniest of lines! My mascara of choice is currently the Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless which is perfect for longer, non-clumpy lashes.

Last, but certainly not least, I use Kat Von D Studded Lipstick in Lolita for perfectly pink lips. This dusty rose shade is great for Autumn while still looking natural and daytime appropriate! The creamy formula isn't drying on the lips either which is a huge cold-weather bonus!

It's a lot to read but I promise it doesn't take more than ten minutes tops. What are your favourite "everyday" products? Comment below or tweet me @SundayWardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...