Sunday 8 November 2015

Haul + Swatch: ColourPop Liquid Lipsticks

Haul and Swatch of ColourPop cosmetics, liquid lipsticks
Yes, I did make another ColourPop order. And yes, I did obsessively check my package tracking (it was at "Toronto Pearson" for forever). Last time I made a ColourPop order (see here), the ultra-matte lipsticks were unavailable so I stuck to shadows, lipsticks and a highlighter. This time my order was almost exclusively liquid lipsticks. Almost. But more on that mystery in a couple weeks ;)

If you didn't know, ColourPop is an extremely affordable makeup line from Los Angeles. I'm fairly certain each item is under the $10 mark (I could be wrong) and these ultra-matte liquid lipsticks were $6 each (USD). Shipping to Canada is not free but, at the cost and quality of the products, paying $12 or so (total) for shipping is definitely worth it. 

I want to do an overall ColourPop review so stay tuned for that - this post is just going to be me showing off my goodies and swatching them. I went for darker, bolder colours seeing as it is Fall and because I'm always so hesitant about light liquid lipsticks. It's hard to find light colours that look good on my skintone and so, when shopping online, I play it safe with dark or bright hues. 

Haul and Swatches of liquid lipsticks - ColourPop
Zipper / Limbo / Tulle / Bumble / Creeper / Mars
Zipper: this is probably the most unlike me colour of the bunch: a bold, almost bright purple. I bought it on a whim, in an attempt to go outside my comfort zone and I'm so glad I did. I can't wait to wear this!

Limbothis is a deep, deep brown that I thought would be great for fall. I don't think I can get away with a super vampy purple or black lipstick that a lot of people have been rocking so I settled for this instead. I've yet to try it but I'm sure it will look great on its own or mixed with another colour.

Tulle: this is definitely my favourite so far - it's a purple brown and it's the perfect fall colour. I don't think I expected it to be so dark - I thought it was a nude brown when I saw it online but I am pleasantly surprised. I know I'll be getting a lot of use out of this colour.

Bumblethis is probably the lightest colour I got - it's a blush pink. When I bought it, it was my favourite of the lot but, upon wearing it, I'm not sure. It's got nothing to do with the colour or consistency, but just how the colour looks on  me. My mom says it looks lovely but I feel that it washes out my skin a tad.

Creepera true red, I bought this hoping it would be slightly different from Kat Von D Outlaw which I already own. Unfortunately, this is looking veeeeery similar (dupe alert!) so I think I'll be mixing this lipstick with another to see what I can come up with.

Marsthis bold pink is something I've been looking for for a while. You'd be surprised at how hard it is to find. While this is more of a summer colour, I got it anyway because I wasn't sure when I'd be making another order. I'm not sure how much use I'll get from this colour during fall but it looks like a fun one for a holiday party!

Have you tried any ColourPop products? What are your favourite liquid lipsticks? Comment below or tweet me @SundayWardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...